BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINE
• Softbank in talks to lead $500m round in Paytm Mall
• Rcom faces China bank’s insolvency proceedings.
• IDBI to sell stake in NSE, insurance arm.
• GST collection declines to Rs. 83,346 Crore in Oct.
• TRAI to issue NET neutrality recommendations today
SOFTBANK IN TALKS TO LEAD $500M ROUND IN PAYTM
• Online marketplace Paytm Mall has held initials talks with Japanese investment
giant Softbank for leading a $500-600 million financing around.
• The Masayoshi Son-led Softbank is expected to invest about $300m in Paytm
• The Japanese conglomerate already owns around fifth of one97 communications,
which runs e-payments arm Paytm as well as Paytm mall as independent entities.
• Earlier, Son had led a $2.5bn round at Flipkart through the mega Softbank vision
• Sources see the possibility of Softbank getting flipkart & Paytm together to take
on Amazon in India.
RCOM FACES CHINA BANK’S INSOLVENCY
• China development Bank has filed an insolvency pleas against reliance
Communication (RCom) in the national company law tribunal (NCLT).
• Swedish telecom infra giant Ericsson had also filed insolvency proceedings
against Rcom earlier this year over recovery of dues.
• Rcom said the company has not been served any notice of the application filed by
China Development Bank with NCLT.
IDBI TO SELL STAKE IN NSE, INSURANCE ARM.
• IDBI bank has said that it will sell 1.5% stake in the National Stock Exchange (NSE)
as part of its strategy to divest assets to free capital.
• The bank has also placed its life insurance arm IDBI federal life insurance, and IDBI
Trusteeship Company on the block.
• The lender’s board at its meeting held on Monday granted in-principle approval
to divest 74 Lakh equity shares (1.5% stake)of the NSE.
GST COLLECTION DECLINES TO RS. 83,346 CRORE
• GST Collections in October slipped to Rs. 83,346 Crore, from over Rs 92,000 crore
last month, as taxes on most of the commodities have come down.
• The total collection of GST till November 27 is Rs 83,346 Crore for October and
50.1 lakh returns have been filed for the month.
• The centre has released a compensation of Rs. 10,806 Crore to states for July and
August. A compensation of Rs. 13,695 crore for September and October is
TRAI TO ISSUE NET NEUTRALITY RECOMMENDATIONS
• Telecom regulator TRAI plans to issue the Recommendations on NET neutrality
on Tuesday which is likely to impact the future of apps that provide calling and
• The consultation paper on the subject floated in January this year majorly
focussed on network speed so that telecom operators do not use it to give
pereferences or prevent access to any website or services like voice calls which
requires decent speed.