1. Descriptive Statistics by using
SPSS, EVIEWS and Microsoft Excel
2. Instructor : Mr. Manzoor Ahmad
3. Lecturer, Department of Economics,
University of Swabi, Pakistan
Those Methods which are used to collect
data, to present them in the form of tables,
diagrams etc. and describe their
Mean, Median, Mode, Variance, Standard
Deviation, Range etc.
Following are data regarding ages of eleven
students in Department of Economics:
Shah Fahad 23
Step 1:Fist we open SPSS program: It appears in
Step 2: Create a variable in “Variable View”
Step 3: Write down Values of concerned variables
in “Data View” Option.
Step 4: Click on Analyze > Descriptive
Statistics >Descriptive and then press OK.
1. The Maximum age of the student in Department
of Economics is 36years.
2. The Minimum Age of the student in DOE is 21
3. The Mean age of the students in DOP is 26