Dr. Hatem El Ghamry
Goal & Vision
• Our Goal is to be the best Arab
and African Egyptian company
in this field by the end of 2014.
• Our Vision is to be the African
and Middle Eastern leader in the
• To provide high quality products that incorporate high
technology to meet the needs and expectations of the
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for
the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets.
• Laptop users in Egypt “professionally or
individually” are increasing,
Who are we
• We are
• What are we working on?
• Our Competitors:
• Current Situation
• What is happening in the market?
• Our Position:
• We are ranked number
• Current Situation:
• 20 % share of the
Egyptian Laptop market.
• 5 % share of the Egyptian desktop PC market.
• Customer retention:
• Plan to have repetitive orders from
our main 200 customers as per
the sales plan.
Our Market Share
• To be ranked #
• Need to increase Sales and Revenue
To sell: 40,000 notebooks this year “to be ranked #2 in the
• To maximize our market share
• To create more brand awareness
• To communicate effectively
• To sell: 60,000 in the following
year to be ranked #1
• Target markets: we broke down the market to “Soho & retail, SME and Major accounts”
• Demographic: High Population,
• “Egypt will also benefit from youthful demographics and improving information and
communication technology infrastructure”
• Geographic: “The geographical location is good for trade, as Egypt has access to both the
Mediterranean and the Red Sea”
• Behavior factors: Price sensitive but with a high potentiality
• Market needs: Innovation and convenience associated with valuable price.
• Market Growth:
Egypt's computer hardware sales are projected at US$862mn in 2010 and are forecast to reach around US$1.6bn in
2014. Computer penetration is forecast to rise from a little above 10% currently to about 19% in 2014, and annual
computer sales could increase to nearly 470,000 by the end of BMI's forecast period.
With divesting Desktops in mind, we will work on having new customers and
convincing existing customers to buy on discounted rates.
Our Expansion Grid
Existing Products New Products
Laptops & Desktops
Laptops & Desktops
S1- High credibility of El -Araby at the perception of
the target customers.
S 2 - Toshiba Notebooks leading in the innovation and
technologies with long experience in the mobility plus
S 3 - Wide range of models that fit all the consumer
W 1 - The pricing against other players .
W 2 - Sales force knowledge of the product (Low Caliper
W 3 - Shortage of the product from vendor .
W 4 - The after sales support.
O 1 - More demand on NB in the market “decline cost
PC vs. NB, evolve of Internet, education, advanced
O 2 - Strong growth in IT market
T 1 - Becoming price sensitive (competition, Internet)
T 2 - Tough competition.
• Strength : Opportunity
• “S3 : O1”Wide range of product : High Demand
• “S2 : O2” Leading innovation, high tech and
security : Growth in IT market
• Threat : Weakness
• “W1 : T2” need to work on the price,
• “W2 : T1” use internal marketing, Train the
Features – security, weight
Performance - Durable
Style & Design – Colors
Quality assurance and monitoring
Image Differentiation: People Differentiation:
Highly trained sales staff
Follow ups for customer satisfaction on
the highest levels of etiquette and
Aspects of Our competitive advantage
• Our product is a Consumer Shopping
Let’s go Shopping,
• Laptops: We have over 20 models
available, please check the link below:
Our Product Mix
Marketing Communication mix
• Direct Marketing:
• Electronic shopping – our website, blogs, facebook and google
• Emails and announcements
• Word of mouth
• P2P, chat rooms and blogs
• Public relation:
• Press kits, annual reports, speech
• Masjid “Al Rahman Al Raheem” Salah Salem road,
• Built on 2500 square meters
• REF: http://www.youm7.com/News.asp?NewsID=127440&
What is the Roll top?
The Roll top computer is constructed of a
flexible OLED display that wraps around the
removable power supply stand. Tucked into the
power stand is a webcam, speaker sound
bar, USB ports, and the power supply and
Toshiba Roll top will use
Marketing Skimming Strategy
We will add a 200% profit margin to the cost of the product to gain high
Price and quality interactions:
In this way, price creates perception of quality
High price attract an image of quality
This will allow Toshiba to increase its market share
• What’s the percent of change in the market share?
• Which segment got us the highest value?
SOHO/Retail – SMB – Major Accounts – Government Tenders
• If our market share has been maximized, it was ON the account of which competitor?
HP – DELL – Acer – Sony – Others
• If our market share has been minimized, it was TO the account of which competitor?
HP – DELL – Acer – Sony – Others
• Other competitors market shares
HP ….%– DELL ….%– Acer ….%– Sony ….%– Others….%
• Sales percent of change
• Results: Value – Volume
• No reference as we made that.
Market Share KPI
• So as to measure personal and departmental