Role of Nursing Informatics
• Patient care
• Training the users
• Bridging the gap
• Ensuring compliance
• Optimizing the workflow
• Ensuring prompt assistance
• Emergency nurse coordinator
• Screening of patients in PRC/OPD.
• Assistance in scheduling appointments
• Guidance to the patient regarding AIIMS OPD workflow.
• Assistance in maintaining e health records.
• Coordination of the grievance /anger cell.
• Telecall Consultation of Patients in Remote areas
Training the users
• Herculean task
• Training from basic use of computers to use of a program.
• Reluctance for change by the user
• Regular follow up
• Repeated training
• Various workforce involved in computerization.
• Managing the workforce
Optimizing the workflow
• Identifying the area of change
• Coordinating for change with different stake holders
Ensuring prompt assistance
• Issues in clinical area will directly affect patient and family
• Immediate assistance in case of issues
• Easy accessibility to NIS
• Availability of NIS round the clock
• With different departments
Billing module needed coordination with
– Accounts officer
– Senior Financial Advisor
– Billing clerks
– Lab technicians
– Nursing department
Academics and Research
• Research and publications
• Online continuous medical education programme(e learning)
Sow the seeds of hard work and reap
the fruits of achievement and success…
• Appreciation by Cabinet Secretary for the contribution of NIS towards
digitization of AIIMS.
• Indian representation of nursing informatics in NI 2016 (IMIA) conference
held in Geneva, Switzerland .
• Awarded for being the Change Agents for enabling AIIMS transformation.
• Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contribution towards sucessful
launch of online OPD Registrationin AIIMS by Hon’ble Prime Minister of
India which was selected as one of the digital India intiative.