Ecuador Natural Regions Biodiversity
What is flora?
Flora is the plant life occurring in a
particular region or time, generally
the naturally occurring or indigenous
native plant life.
Ecuador is a natural paradise despite being
so small, where we can find a lot of our
Our country has 10 percent of all plant
species on the planet and is one of the 17
richest countries on flora and fauna.
Ecuador has 50 protected areas across the
country, among largest and most important
• Yasuní National Park
• Sangay National Park
• Cayambe Coca National Park
• Reserva Faunistica Cuyabeno
• Podocarpus National Park
• The Yasuní National Park has 1813 types of threes
and shrubs classified and aproximadly 300
• The Podocarpus National Park is considerer the
Jardín Botánico de America, where are located
more than 4000 species of plants.
• Also found:
• The Mangroves on the Coast
• It is also know that Ecuador is one of
the largest exporter of roses, being
it´s principal destination European