+ What are your thoughts on this infographic?
What is the main idea that you get?
Type your answers on this Padlet:
Differences with adverb + comparative
Dickens’ novels are considerably longer than Austen’s.
The new Mercedes is slightly more economical than the old
Let’s do a short quiz.
Now it’s your turn to write.
Write at least one sentence using a comparative adverb
about the music infographic. Write it on Padlet. You don’t
have to include your name.
1. Streaming revenue is significantly higher in 2015 than
it was two years earlier.
2. Physical records of music are relatively less profitable
in 2015 than in 2013.
There are a number of language constructions that express
similarity. Look at the table on Padlet:
1. Both Belgium and Canada have a small agricultural
2. Belgium and Canada are similar (or alike ) in that they both
have a small agricultural population.
3. Belgium, like Canada, has a small agricultural population.
4. Canada is similar to Nepal in its percentage of forest area.
5. Canada is similar to Nepal in that it has a large forest area.