MAYURAKSHI INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING &
OIL & NATURAL GAS CORPORATION LIMITED
TRAINEE RAMLAL CHOUDHARY
• Established in 1956 in India.
• It is ranked 22nd among the Top 250 Global
Energy Companies and 5th in Asia.
• ONGC is world's NO. 3 Exploration and
• Founder of ONGC- Late Shri K D Malviya
• Head office of ONGC in situated in dehradun ,
• ONGC responsible for extraction & production
of crude oil in India .
Principle & operation of generator :-
• A generator is a machine by which mechanical energy is
transformed into electrical energy.
• Generators can be sub-divided into two major categories
depending on the electric current produced is alternating
current (AC) or direct current (DC)
• The basic principle on which both types of generator works
is the same
• The Generator Works upon the Principle of
Faraday's law of electromagnetic induction.
• 'when a conductor moves in a magnetic field
(cutting the magnetic flux lines), an emf gets
induced in the conductor'.
• The direction of induced emf can be determined
with help of Fleming's right hand rule
Installed DG SET at KDM Complex
• Company name = cummins
• Manufacturing Date :- 04 – 05 -2002
• Model :- NT-495-G
• Rating = 100 KVA
• Power factor = 0.8
• Output voltage = 415 V
• RPM = 1500
• Frequency = 50 Hz
• Output Current = 139 A
• Noise = 65-75 db
Short Comings of Existing DG SET
• Capacity of installed DG SET is not as per
actual load it fulfil the utility requirements of
• Generator is not suitable for environment.
• Existing DG SET is not energy efficient.
• Fuel consumption is high.
• High maintenance required.
• Generates high noise (65-75db).
ELECTRICAL LOAD AT KDM COMPLEX
TYPES OF ELECTRICAL LOADS INSTALLED
HR SECTION 30,062W
F&A SECTION 28,029W
Geology & Chemistry SECTION 28,153 W
ENGG SECTION 45,440W
HFB & PRODUCTION SECTION 25,731W
CMC SECTION 7,122W
DRILL SECTION 28,268W
LOGISTIC SECTION 13,877W
MM SECTION 8,856W
SECURITY SECTION 3,751W
WATER MOTORS 11,190w
AREA LIGHTS + STREET LIGHTS 5,718w
TUBE LIGHTS car parking 240w
TOTAL POWER 310805 W
TOTAL POWER CONSUMPTION IN KDM COMPLEX ,JODHPUR 310.805 KW
CALCULATION FOR PROPOSED DG SET
• TOTAL EXISTING LOAD: 311 KW
• CONSIDERING POWER FACTOR =0.8
311/0.8 – 388.75 KVA
• THEN EXISTING LOAD IN KVA=388.75
• SAY TOTAL =400 KVA
PROPOSED DG SET
• Capacity =400 KVA
• OUTPUT CURRENT= 400 v
• Hz = 50
• Phase = 3
• Rpm = 1500
• NOISE (db) = <75
AVALIABLE GENERATORS OF COMPANY
• Cummins Diesel Generator Set (QSN14 Series)
• Cummins QSN14 series, 6 cylinder, 4 stroke, water
cooled engine .
• Compact in size with optimum power
• Dual fuel filter system .
• Water & Fuel sensor are connected .
• Coolant in cooling system is circulated in the engine
to maintain temp. in engine.
• An alternator is an electromechanical device that converts
mechanical energy to electrical energy in the form of alternating
current. It may be called an AC.
• Stamford HC alternator Cummins Generator Technologies .
• 3 Phase .
• Better motor starting capability .
• ƒƒBest in class efficiency .
• Compact design with sealed bearings for
longer life and lesser maintenance .
• Better mechanical strength .
• suitable for operation at 1500 RPM, 415 Volts,
0.8 pf , suitable for 50 Hz, 3 phase, 4 wire system.
Auto start system
• Power Start operates on 12 V DC batteries
• Auto start mode accepts a ground signal from
remote devices to automatically start the DG
• Engine Starting – The control system supports
automatic engine starting .
• Controller provide time delay of 0-300 secs to
start after remote start signal and time delay
of 0-600 secs prior to shutdown after stop
• Silencer absorb high noise 1m
area in 100% working
• less Noise create <75db
• VIBRATION PAD
• Vibration pad absorb
the vibration working
condition in dg set.
• Power Rating kVA = 400
• No. of Phases = 3
• Output Voltage and Frequency (V and Hz) = 415 V, 50 Hz
• Power Factor = 0.8 (lagging)
• Current (A) = 556
• RPM = 1500
• Fuel consumption @75% load with radiator and fan* = 67.45
• Fuel consumption @100% load with radiator and fan* = 88
• NOISE (db) = <75 db
• PRICE = 23,36,706 Rs
S.N Technical Data CUMMINS NEW CUMMINS OLD
88 (LTRS/HR) 22
75% load 67.45 17
2. POWER RATING
(KVA) 400 100
3. O/P VOLTAGE &
415 V / 50 HZ 400 V / 50 HZ
4. ENGINE Cummins QSN14 series,
6 cylinder, In-line 4
stroke, radiator cooled
Cummins 6BT5.9-G2 , 6
cylinder , 4 stroke engine
5. PRICE 23,36,706 Rs 6,25,933 Rs
6. Current (A) 556 150
7. Alternator Stamford Stamford
(Single bearing, Brushless,