Basic Fundamentals of
Web Application Development India
What is the Web Application?
• Web application is mini programs that run on a
website. Web application is the creation of
software application to be used on World Wide
Web Application Development
• Web application development is defined as planning
and creation of application programs that reside on a
remote server and after creating, delivered to the
user's device over the Internet.
• Examples of web application developments are online
banking, online shopping, online reservation,
interactive games, and online training.
Models of Web Application Development
• Models of web development are similar to software
• These are constructed upon 3 tiers presentation tier,
business logic tier, and data access tier. 3-tier
architecture divides the application process into three
• What the user sees in the web browser when
they open a web page comes under
• Business logic tier represents business objects
such as products or employees.
• A data access tier contains a database to store
data which can read and write later.
Phases Of The web Application
• Gathering & Analysis
Important Tips for Web Application
• Tips for web application development are aim for
production, reduce complexity, flexible control,
provide high-quality result, and invest in
Web Application Development Technologies
There are two main categories of coding, scripting,
and programming for creating web applications.
• 1. Client side
• 2. Server side
• Difference between both client and server side is
that client side scripting/coding is viewable by any
visitors, while server side scripting/coding is not
viewable by any visitors.
Client and Server side Scripting
• All web application uses a database to store
information about costs, products description,
and customers order. To install web application,
there should be a need of Internet connection
because web applications are executed on the
Advantages of web application
• Accessible anywhere: Web based application are
easily accessible anywhere or anytime via a PC with
an Internet connection.
• No installation: There aren’t need to install web
applications because they run on the web server.
• Security: Web applications are safe to use because
these are deployed on dedicated servers, which are
monitored and maintained by experience server
Disadvantage of web applications
• If there is low Internet connection connectivity,
then the applications will take more time to run.
This may cause the user some headache.