• Situated in the north of Pakistan.
• Shares border with KPK in west, Wakhan corridor of Afghanistan in north, China
in northeast and Jammu and Kashmir in the south.
• Gilgit and Skardu are the two main hubs of the world’s highest mountains. The
main ranges are the Karakoram and the western Himalayas.
• Amongst the highest mountains are K2 and Nanga Parbat.
• The latter being one of the most feared mountains
in the world.
• The Biafo Glacier, the Baltoro Glacier, and
the Batura Glacier.
• Basically Marriage is believed to be a very vital part of
every culture and tradition, but marriages in Gilgit
Baltistan are somehow different from other cultures.
• Marriage ceremony is very simple.
• They just call only there closest family members, and
celebrate with complete silence.
• Those who shout are kicked out of the wedding function.
• Dowery is totally absent in the tradition of these
• Shandur polo festival ,Polo Festival is the traditional
sports game of Gilgit Baltistan .
• POLO was started from Gilgit Baltistan.
• Novrov ,Rama , jashen-e-bahara,cultural festival, babusar
polo , harvest time festival are also celebrated.
• Famous for it’s
• Heaven on Earth.
• Second highest mountain in the world.
• Chogori “King of Mountains”
• Worlds highest polo ground.
• Roof of the world.
• 12,500 feet above sea level.
• Situated 6 miles north of
• 8,645 feet above sea level.
• Local tale about lake.
• Fishing, motor boating and
• Punjabi, Pushto , Kashmiri and Gojri
Local hero Hassan Sadpara, who scaled Mount Everest in
May this year.