A recording of this webinar is available at https://youtu.be/XmRAxB9MTyU
In this webinar, Mark Jacobson introduces his new book that lays out the science, technology, economics, policy, and social aspects of a transition to 100% clean, renewable energy in order to address climate change, air pollution, and energy insecurity. Considering the EU Green Deal, the US Green New Deal and China’s climate neutrality commitment, this book is a very timely and welcome addition to the transition movement. It is one-of-a-kind:
* It’s both a textbook for students and a briefing for a broader audience of professionals and interested lay persons active in the transition movement
* It provides a focus on a selection of clean, renewable technologies that have been proven to work and can be rapidly deployed
* It includes a concrete plan howto get to 100%, clean, renewable energy and storage for everything.
* It develops energy plans for states and countries while keeping the grid stable.
* It describes practical solutions and the policies needed for those solutions.
'Mark Jacobson’s new book, 100% Clean, Renewable Energy and Storage for Everything, provides the most authoritative look yet at the future of energy beyond fossil fuels. The text is clearly written, authoritative, and thoroughly referenced. This will make a great text book for courses on energy and climate change, but is also a must read for all of us interested in the transition to a renewable future.' - Robert W. Howarth, Cornell University, New York