Customers include the Bitcoin Foundation, miners like BitFury, and financial services firms like Binary Financial.
It was 0.5776% Circle, Coinbase, BitPay/Copay, GreenAddress, Armory, Gem What about other major wallets and vaults? global exchanges? early bitcoiners? single-key cold storage, or worse, sitting in insecure hot wallets
Multi-sig is not just a better technology. It is a security model that paves the way for a secure, transparent, and vibrant bitcoin economy.
It's Time to End the Cold Storage Ice Age and Adopt Multi-Sig
Case Study: Enterprise Corporate Holdings
Customer needs enterprise-grade security for its
bitcoin holdings and outside auditor views
• Create a BitGo multi-sig wallet for your corporate holdings. Set low
spending limits for additional security.
• Add officers as administrators on the wallet. Add members of the Finance
team as spenders. Add outside auditors as view-only.
• Use reports for monthly financial statements.
20 BitGo, Inc. Confidential
Case Study: Trading Operations
Customer needs the ability to share wallets with
pre-set rules to initiate transactions
• Create a unique BitGo wallet for each trading partner
• Add your trading partner to the wallet to spend and approve transactions
• Queue orders by depositing BTC in the wallet. When a price is hit, the
trader can withdraw from the wallet
• Spending limits can be set to require secondary approval for large orders
• Reconcile trades at end of period using BitGo reporting
26 BitGo, Inc. Confidential